Last Modified January 1, 2021
Dakonte Product Group, Inc. ("Company" or "We" or "DPG" or “Our”) respects your (“You” or “Customer” or “Site Visitor”) privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the information we collect online at DPGproducts.com ("Website" or "Site") and through phone, email and other electronic and written communications with you.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you when you interact with us including Information by which you may be personally identified, such as:
- Your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number
- Credit/debit card or other payment method information
- E-mail address ("Personal Information") or
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information when you provide it to us, when you use our website, or through third parties we use to help us operate our website or business. Information collected from your website visits may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us: The information collected may include:
- Information that you provide when establishing an account with us, placing an order on our Website;
- Information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us;
- Information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us, including email, voice and chat transcripts;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes;
- Details of transactions when you make a purchase from us;
- Information you may be required to provide regarding contact, billing, payment or other financial information before placing an order with us;
- Your search queries on the Website; and
- Information that you provide when you communicate with any or our departments such as customer service, accounting or shipping services through the Site, telephone, mail or fax. In addition, when you communicate through the telephone, we may record audio of the conversations for quality control, training, security and analytics purposes.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website (ex: feedback and Q&A postings). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please do not include your contact email or phone number in your User Contributions. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons or used by such persons without your consent.
Catalog Requests and Email Newsletter Subscriptions: Upon placing an order with us, you may begin receiving our catalog and email newsletter, unless you opt-out of receiving such communications. Your welcome email will also alert you if someone else has entered your email address into our email newsletter subscription list. In order to make our email newsletters more relevant and useful to you, our servers may receive a confirmation when you open an email message from us.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies: As you navigate and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and (ii) information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The information we collect is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons: We (or service providers on our behalf) may collect information through the use of "Web Beacons" on pages of our Website and e-mails. Web Beacons are small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs), which may employ cookie technology that enable us to record data about visits to or transactions made on the Site. This information is sometimes known as "clickstream data." We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics to improve your online experience and our customer service.
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Third Party Sources: We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information such as through co-branded or joint offerings with third parties.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Our Use of Information We Collect
We may use or disclose information, including any Personal Information, we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- present our Website and its contents to you
- improve your experience on our Website
- provide you with information, products or services and to communicate with you about information that you request
- provide you with notices about your account
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts, terms and conditions and/or arrangements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- notify you about changes to our Website, or any products or services we offer or provide trough it
- allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website
- help us target specific offers to you, to help us develop and improve our Website, and to tailor our Website to your interests
- generate personas, personal preferences, market trends from algorithmic and language processing/analysis
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
- as described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act; or
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, stock sale, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
We may also use such information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purpose with your consent.
In addition, if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com, sending a letter to: Dakonte Product Group, Inc., Inc., Attn: DPG Privacy Officer, 6615 W Mill Road, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53218 or by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing e-mail you receive from us. If you no longer wish to receive our catalog or postal mailings, send your name and mailing address to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-238-3957, or use our fax number 414-433-1973.
Privacy Contact Information
Disclosure to Others
- Third Party Disclosures: We do not sell or trade to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- To Credit Card Companies: If you place an order, the Personal Information you provide is transmitted to your credit card company to verify and authorize your purchase. At certain times we may offer financing options with or without third party participation. If you use a financing option, information provided by you (such as your address, birth date, social security number, and credit card number) may be used to request a credit report from third parties or may be sent to a third party for processing.
- To Third Party Marketing Partners: We may transfer your personally identifiable information to outside website hosting service providers and marketing firms and other parties who assist us in operating our website and marketing our business so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Such transfers will be made with the strict understanding that the third party may not use the information provided for any other purpose than to assist only us and not for any other party or purpose.
- To Related Companies: We may share your postal and e-mail address, telephone number(s), customer preferences, and purchase history with other subsidiaries and affiliates of our parent company, Dakonte Product Group, Inc.
- To Shippers: We may share your information, such as your name, telephone number and shipping information, to third party shippers (such as UPS, FedEx and the United States Postal Service) to deliver your product(s). This information is given for the sole purpose of fulfilling your order.
We may also disclose your information:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- With your consent.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Links to Third Party Sites: Our Site might contain links to third party websites intended to facilitate our customers’ shopping experience. This might include Google Translate, YouTube or third parties offering related products or services. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or content found on these websites. We recommend that you check the privacy notice of each website you visit. Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and any submission of data to such websites shall be at your sole risk.
Catalog and Mailing Requests: When you request a catalog or mailing from us, we may share your name and postal address with a third-party fulfillment company for the purpose of sending you the requested information.
Law Enforcement and Protection of Users: To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates, customers, or its users. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
Aggregate Information: We collect and share aggregate information in order to know more about the general profile of our customers so we can improve your shopping experience. We use a tool called "Google Analytics" to collect information about use of the Site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites referred them to the Site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve the Site and the user experience. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit the Site, but does not collect your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as an unique user the next time you visit the Site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to the Site by disabling cookies on your browser.
Limitations on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL DAKONTE PRODUCT GROUP, INC. OR ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, LICENSEES OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SITE OR ITS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OR PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE SITE). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF DAKONTE PRODUCT GROUP, INC. OR ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, SO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE RIGHTS ADDITIONAL TO THOSE CONTAINED HEREIN.